Where To Start The Search
To help find a good real estate agent ask your friends and family about their experiences with real estate agents. Find out if there is someone they can refer to.
Houses are regularly advertised for sale in newspaper supplements.
Many houses have open home times when an agent is there for you to inspect the property.
Visiting open homes can be a no fuss way to look at a number of properties in one day.
The agent will take your name and phone number. Expect a call to follow up your interest.
It is becoming more popular to sell houses privately without the use of an agent. A number of 'no frills' agencies have been set out with this in mind.
Some Questions To Ask The Agent When They Are Showing You A House
- Why is the house for sale?
- What chattels will remain?
- Are there any chattels that have been specifically excluded from the sale?
- What are the property boundaries?
- Have there been any recent renovations to the house?
- Do the current owners have a dog or other pets?
- How much are the rates?